Knowing what facilities are on the campsite will help you plan and run your camp well. Everything is available to everyone, regardless of whether they are under canvas or in the lodges.
- ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE – You can arrive any time after 2pm before your first night booked. You must have packed and cleared your pitch or lodge before noon on the day after your last night booked.
- SHOWER TOILET BLOCK – There are male and female rooms with toilets, free hot showers and sinks. Open 24 hours except for cleaning. It includes disabled toilet facilities.
- WASHING UP ROOM – there are four sinks with hot water on the edge of the shower toilet block for washing up.
- WATER – There are many taps at convenient points around the site. Help us look after our environment by not wasting water.
- ALTAR FIRES – these and grills are available for use on your pitch for backwards cooking and fires. NO fires are allowed on the ground.
- PIZZA OVEN – there is a wood-burning pizza oven with picnic tables and a gazebo next to it. This isn’t bookable.
- CAMP FIRE CIRCLE – Our sunken circle creates a unique atmosphere and has seen groups of 20 to 200. This is not bookable so that groups can meet and mingle.
- WOOD – there is a wood-pile for campers’ use but is limited and can run down. On no account should trees be cut down or burned from the forest woodland surrounding Braggers Wood. Dead wood may be picked up and used.
- FRIDGE/FREEZERS- there are 5 fridges and 3 freezers available for food storage for all to use. Please ensure food etc is marked with group name and is properly wrapped.
- ELECTRICITY – there are some hook-ups around the site.
- MOBILES – there is generally a good reception despite being in countryside. Charging can be done.
- RUBBISH – Large bins are available for all waste, including recycling (it is separated at the depot after collection). The bins are tall so adult supervision is required to ensure bags get put in properly. They should NOT be left on the floor.
- PROVISIONS – local village shops, a market town and supermarket delivery should take care of anything you need. Why not order your food to be delivered direct to the site to save you travelling with it? Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco and Waitrose all deliver to the site (BH23 8EF).
- NOISE – generally the site is peaceful although those not used to it, notice the sounds of the countryside. There can be some aircraft noise as depending on the wind, the site can be under the approach to Hurn airport. Its not frequent, a minor irritation if you’ve just missed the punch line of a joke, and most of the young people find it fascinating. There are no flights overnight and it’s the owls who are then noisy! We ask that no people are noisy from 11pm – 7am.
- PARKING – two areas of parking exist for cars and coaches. In the summer when Millennium Field is also in use, there is a third area there.
- ANCHOR CHAPEL – this is an outside woodland space with a small altar. Its quiet and peaceful setting makes it a good place for Scouts Owns.
- SHOP – Open each evening in the summer months, it sells tuck and souvenirs of your visit.
- MARQUEES – The site has two marquees for hire which can be set up as individual ones or combined to make a large space. They need to be booked well in advance as they may need to be assembled for each booking.